• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange ActiveSync Contacts Issue

nie1969

Lurker
Aug 15, 2010
I use ActiveSync to synchronize my contacts between my Exchange Server 2010 and my HTC Desire (2.2). Quite a few of my contacts just have a company name but no first/last name (like hotels, banks, etc).

When synchronizing, first and last names get added to these contacts, e.g. having a contact with company name "Adobe Systems Incorporated" will add "Adobe" as first name and "Incorporated" as last name.

Having far more than 1'000 contacts, whereof an unknown number gets messed up is rather annoying :-(

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Many thanks for your suggestions,
Etienne

I have a similar issue. I have contacts within a company but cannot use the company name as well, ie MSN Jane Doe I have to use MSN Jane first name then Doe in the surname field and select show as MSN Jane Doe in view field. Must be able to select company names then contact name within that company somehow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones