• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange ActiveSync Issues!

MAzboy

Apr 18, 2010
I can't seem to connect to Exchange to sync my emails. I have gone through the manual setup process and checked all the settings are correct. I verify's account information fine but then i get to the Exchange ActiveSync Settings page where i have to select the data i want to synchronise - contacts, email, calendar. I have tried all combinations and always get this error:
'Failed to create the account. Please try again later'

Anyone else experienced this issue and know how to resolve it?

Thanks, was me being stupid. When i log in i get the following message:

'The device type you are using is not supported. Press Ok to continue.'

But when i press OK it seems to go in and takes me to text based menu which gives me accesss to everything.

Any ideas what i need to do on my Desire to get this to sync?

Upvote 0
Sounds like your Exchange server is all configured correctly then - shouldn't be anything special you need to do on the phone as I've pointed two Desires at our Exchange server and it's just worked.

Possibly a firewall or routing? Did you do the above test from the same internal network as the Exchange box? Is access allowed from the Internet via whatever firewalls you have in place?

Upvote 0
First thing to do is browse to https://myserver/oma in a regular desktop browser and verify that this works. You'll get a warning about an unsupported client but can ignore that. If this doesn't work then you have an issue at the Exchange end.

OMA is deprecated in Exchange 2007 by the way, and since the OP didn't say what version he had, this isn't the best way to test EAS functionality.

Upvote 0
Sound like a bad installation of the ActiveSync software on the Desire. As Vertigo1 says your Exchange server seems fine - I doubt you'd have gotten as far as the Calendar/Contacts/Email stage if EAS wasn't working correctly but I'll test that now.

The only thing I can suggest is a factory reset :(

Upvote 0
I also have an issue, but to help out here - BTconnect provide my exchange server and they were very helpful indeed - the setting certainly aren't the obvious ones!

My problem is the with the contacts sync I get multiple entries of a few names (20-30!), and others it won't copy over phone numbers.

What I need to know is there somewhere in Outlook or on the phone that I can alter the settings on what numbers it syncs?

Thanks!

Cookee

PS Love the phone otherwise - I come from a BB Storm and having sent it back so many times Vodafone offered me one of these - great surprise!

Upvote 0
Any answers here? I too am having big exchange server sync issues.

Set it up on Wifi after factory reset and it is perfect. As soon as I go out of WiFi area it only works maybe 5% of the time (all other email and internet etc still works perfectly). When I got back into Wifi it improves a bit but not useable.

Other than this problem I love this phone!

I have the exact same problem and have been trying to find a solution. Activesync works fine at work, go home and connect to wireless and it works fine but as soon as I leave the wireless network it won't sync.

I have been able to get it to work by going into "Exchange Activesync" - "Account Settings" - "Configure Server" and just hit Save without making any changes then do a manual sync and it seems to start working again normally for the rest of the day at the syncing at the scheduled sync intervals.

The other strange problem I have is sometimes the phone won't auto reconnect to my wireless network at home when bluetooth is enabled, as soon as I disable bluetooth it connects fine within 5-10 seconds?

Hopefully just a few bugs that will be sorted soon? Other than those 2 problems I am very happy with the phone.

Upvote 0
In relation to the 'cannot create account' message, you could try running the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyser (google it) from a computer on the network. This steps through the connection routine and tells you what is going right or wrong

After considerable frustration with my work emails we did this and it highlighted an issue relating to front end and back end servers plus a work around from microsoft. Yet to implement this but my admin bod says it makes sense to him (I'm way out of my depth)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones