Exchange ActiveSync - Please Help !

Last Updated:

1. Desire1

Desire1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am new to these forums so if there is a thread with the solution please forward it to me.

I got my HTC Desire last week and Sync'd it with our Kerio Mail Server 6.7.0 patch 1. Had to add the line to allow unsupported devices as it was giving some connection issues and then worked fine after that.

The problem has been with the sync'ing of the contacts. It sync's fine for about the first few sync's and then it gives an error on the phone
    "failed to connect to the server"
    But it sync's mail and the calendar perfectly. The issue is that the sync'ing of the contacts is second on the list of 3 items to sync as per the phone. So it sync's mail first - fine, contacts second - error and then calendar - fine.

I removed my contacts from my mail on the server and it still didn't update on the phone. So wasn't communicating with the server as per the error. If I delete my contacts on the phone, it then connects fine to the server and I get my contacts back. Works fine for about a few sync's and then without adding or deleting any contacts I get the error message back.

Not sure what to do next from a Trouble Shooting point of view. Any ideas would help.

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Could there be something that changes in the contacts once on the phone that the mail server cannot recognise? Eg Facebook data?

3. Desire1

Desire1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Don't think so. Specifically tried not to change any info so keep the test variables the same. Other guys in the office have the Diamond 2 which also updates with facebook and it did not have any sync'ing issues. That was with mobile windows though. Thanks for the suggestions though, any other ideas ?

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

to be honest, no. It may be worth emailing htc.

5. jasonkerner

jasonkerner New Member

We've got exactly the same issue with HTC Desire and Kerio 6.7.2 - did anyone get this to work properly?

Have you also noticed how email doesn't load the message body and says 'Loading' for a while and then it does it - its not like other phones that when you go into a message, its actually there for you to read it and doesn't have to pull it off the server everytime - surely it can cache it locally?

Cheers

J

6. Lifeguard17

Lifeguard17 Well-Known Member

I am having a similar issue with the HTC incredible. It worked for about a month then went into this look of trying to sync contacts and finally burns the battery down. Talking with HTC they said that Kerio Servers are not compatable with their phones...