Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support

Last Updated:

1. vtjiles

vtjiles Member This Topic's Starter

Just got root today thanks to the great work everyone did to get it working for those who installed the leak. I've been trying a number of roms, but can't get any of them to connect to my work exchange account which is a dealbreaker for me.

I thought 2.1 added the password unlock feature, but all the roms are saying "Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support" and I believe they've all been 2.1.

What am I doing wrong? Sorry if it's been answered before. I couldn't find anything on here or xda.

Advertisement
  2. g dawg

g dawg New Member

I also set up a work ExchangeSync email on the Eris I have and now a password that is unable to undo - or so it appears. Sure would like to not have to enter a pswd each time I access my phone...

3. vtjiles

g dawg, you can use an app called lockpicker so you don't need to enter the password every time.

unfortunately I can't get connected to our exchange 2007 server even though I thought 2.1, not some HTC library, supported the security requirement.

I did find that the xtr 2.1 rom worked, but was hoping to go back to vanilla android if at all possible.

Has anyone been able to connect to exchange 2007 with senseless or a rom like that?

4. g dawg

g dawg New Member

Vtjiles - Many thanks for the app heads up - it is now installed and working, so I thank you!

I am not at all sure about connecting to Exchange with such a rom - may have to swing this out to a wider audience. Wish I could help but I am indeed a newbie. I'll be following tho... and thanks again!

andrizoid likes this.
  5. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

the issue is that its the HTC frameworks that handle it. on an AOSP rom there is no HTC support and therefore it doesnt work. there may be a way to get it working though, because i think ive seen it on the droid-i may be mistaken though.

post it on xda, you have a better chance of getting answers for the more technial things over there because of the larger audience

6. vtjiles

thanks for idea andrizoid. i'll definitely give it a shot on xda. I know the moto droid supports it and thought i saw it was part of the framework, but am not positive.

7. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

when i get back home ill download one of the droid roms with it and see if i can pick it out

8. cpapal01

cpapal01 New Member

Any update on this? I am having the same issue with ActiveSync on my Droid Eris. My company requires security feature.

It comes up with a reset password, asks for the existing password and a new password. I can't figure out what the existing password was.

Any ideas?

9. g dawg

g dawg New Member

Man, not sure here but it might be the company email pswd you use - to get your email at work. That's what mine required - got the Eris also. I also had to get all the server info etc to get my work email on thru active sync. Then it wants a pswd to even access the phone - a real pain. Get the Lockpicker app - works fine now. Hope that helps...