Exchange and FoldersSupport

Last Updated:

1. AcBush

AcBush Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyway to choose which folders get synced/pushed to? Currently it is just the "Inbox" and most of my email goes into other folders...

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to choose which folders to sync. Just go into Mail tap Menu and Folders and select which folder you want to view. Give it 10 seconds or so for it to completely sync that folder.

3. AcBush

AcBush Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, thats a manual sync. It auto syncs the "Inbox" so why cant it auto sync other folders?

4. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Good question. It doesn't bother me as much. I just check them periodically.

My guess is Exchange pushes messages down to the client for messages that stay in the Inbox only and does not initiate a push for messages that get moved to folders by server-side rules. I would then assume the Windows Mobile and other clients PULL messages down to the selected client sub-folders when it gets a push update and the Android 2.1 client doesn't do that.

From what I'm hearing, the sync for 2.1 is fairly basic. Froyo is supposed to have a more robust client for Exchange. Maybe the updated version will allow you to select which sub-folders to sync -- and get notifications for them as well.