Exchange Calendar Appointments, no Accept or Decline buttons in the invite emails

Last Updated:

1. bguild

bguild Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

Unlike Blackberry, on a Droid when you receive a calendar appointment, there are no Accept or Decline buttons in the message. In order to "respond" to an appointment, you need to exit the email application, enter the Corporate Calendar application, and then click on the appointment, and respond from there.

This is obviously not desirable, they need to make this work better in order for corporate email to work seemlessly.

Thanks,

Brian

Advertisement
  2. tgolobic

tgolobic Member

Thanks for that hot tip!
    Annoying as all heck, but better than not being able to accept it at all.

Any idea how to move emails to other folders?

3. navanid

navanid Member

How to Accept or Reject Events with Exchange Email in Galaxy S or any Android mobile?

visit GizTech

4. Techdude

Techdude New Member

I have an HTC Desire HD running the Gingerbread 2.3.3 update recently deployed from Telus/HTC. When I receive meeting invites via e-mail there are no accept/decline buttons, I think there used to be in 2.2, and the meeting doesn't automatically appear in my calendar.... So basically I have to login to my Google mail account using my PC to handle these, not very mobile friendly... I am activesyncing to my Google account and have messaging set to HTML with no attachments auto downloaded... I have tried to allow attachment downloads in the event this was preventing the message being treated as a calendar invite to no avail. Calling HTC was useless. I have seen others with non HTC phones indicate they have this working.

Is there anyone else out there experiencing this issue with Gingerbread on HTC Desire HD? If you are, but on on HTC, what device? If you are but pre-gingerbread what device?

Is there a fix for this?

Thx