• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange Calendar help

wedgemoose

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2010
MA
I just realized i have my first problem with this phone. I have a work MS Exchange account. And i thought everything was syncing normal. But i just found out that my Calendar syncing isn't working 100%. I'm praying it's just something stupid I don't know about (setting)???

Everything works fine except when I enter an appointment on my phone. It won't show up on my PC Outlook Calendar. If i enter one on the PC it comes to my phone fine. I went through all the setting and synced and re-synced. but i can't get an appointment made on the phone to show up on my PC?

I know it's not my version of Office (32bit-2010) because it worked perfect on my Dinc and T-bolt.

Please tell me i'm just an idiot and did something wrong....

When creating a new calendar event on the phone, when you tap on the calendar to create a new event make sure it displays the exchange account at the top above "Event Name" and other event details.

Another thing to check is Outlook Web Access, in the slight chance it's actually synced but for some reason not being pushed to the computer.

Reactions: wedgemoose
Upvote 0
nope i couldnt get my exchange calendar working on my GNex as well. i removed and re-added the acct to no success. the email and contacts worked great but none of my calendars came through. its a shame too because it looks like you could use multiple profiles/calendars with ICS. maybe Google will fix in a future update?

i'm using touchdown and its working fantastic. im using it to sync everything now and dont have any exchange acct's added to ICS.

Upvote 0
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was it !!!!!!!! I was almost crying i was so mad. Thank you one million times.

you are the best. Now i can breath again........

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth BUT do you know how to make my Exchange acct default up there? Or maybe it will now because i changed it this one time to test?

thanks again.

Edit: just did another Test and now my Exchange account does default. Yayyyyy

Upvote 0
My email was working fine but no Exchange calendars at all. I did some Google searches tonight and long story short, 2 things appeared to be key to getting calendar sync working again. The first is to log into your Exchange account and delete the GNex from mobile devices. The second was to delete and re-add the account making sure to leave Push enabled initially. I later changed to 15 minute interval and it has to be proven how long this will keep working. But at least I have Exchange calendar events showing up on my GNex. I have used other paid Exchange apps in the past. In fact HTC was actually giving them away for free because they could not get Exchange to work on my Incredible. The problem is I never liked any of them. I prefer to use the native tools on both gmail and exchange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones