• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange Calendar Sync Constantly Resynching

gauldin

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
I've had my Incredible for about 3 months now, and have always had crappy battery life - roughly 12 hours avg, 18 hours max. I'd just chalked it up to smart phones being battery hogs, but recently it got much worse - 3-4 hours and the phone would sometimes get so hot I couldn't keep it in my pocket. Verizon gave me a new battery, but no difference.

I started checking the forums, and learned a few things about apps that won't let the phone sleep. I checked the Battery page, and sure enough, my up time and my awake time were virtually identical (even though the phone *appears* to go to sleep. Started checking various possible sources, and as I was going through my Sync settings, I discovered that my Exchange Calendar was constantly synching. Literally every 1-2 seconds, the sync icon would pop up next to Exchange Calendar.

So first, I simply turned off Synch Calendar for Exchange. That did the trick - my awake time dropped to a small fraction of the total up time. However, it sucked that I wasn't able to see my calendar on my phone (or at least any new/changed entries). So then I changed the update schedule from "As Items Arrive" to 15 minutes, and then reactivated Synch Calendar. That also seems to have done it. Exchange Calendar only syncs once every 15 minutes instead of hundreds of times per hour.

I know lots of people have been having battery life issues, and I just wanted to share this in case it helps someone else.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones