• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange client password restriction - query

errigal

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
Hi

First post, so go easy!

Have a HTC Desire running 2.2

I started using the default HTC "Mail" application to access my corporate email solution a few weeks ago. This involved a restriction whereby I had to enter a pin code every 15 minutes to unlock the phone (rather than using a pattern for example)

Yesterday I downloaded an alternative client which looks a bit more useful (Touchdown for Android Exchange). Under accounts and sync I have disabled the Exchange ActiveSync (as I assume this is what the previous mail client relied on to update). The Touchdown client also imposes a pin code to access my mails, which is fine.

The issue I have is that I now have 2 pin codes to enter. One to unlock the phone (alphabetic) and then another to access Touchdown (numeric). How do I go about rectifying this, as I assume I should only have to enter one.

Under Settings/Security/Change Screen lock, the options for Pattern and None are disabled since the initial restiction above came into operation. My endgame here is that I only want to have enter one password, either numeric or otherwise (to unlock the phone) and that should be it.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

TIA.

You said you had disabled Exchange ActiveSync. Have you just disabled it or have you deleted it entirely? Disabled would still leave the account and the security restrictions it imposes on the phone, it just wouldn't actively be syncing. Deleting it should wipe out the security restrictions as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones