1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange contact ended up as Google contact

Last Updated:

1. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 29, 2010
    I have TouchDown on my Galaxy S hooked up to my Exchange server. My Exchange Contacts folder gets downloaded to Touchdown. Only some of the contacts and some of the phone numbers were downloaded to the phone, but I will leave that problem for another day.

In TouchDown, I touch and hold a contact and select Add to Phone. The contact is not added to the Phone, ie the green phone icon. In order for it to show up in Contacts, in Display options, I must tick my Google account (I happen to have a Gmail account configured on my phone).

The contact now shows up in Contacts, but with a Google g logo next to it. And it says there is "1 linked contact". Q1: What does this mean? Linked to what? Q2: How do I remove the link?

In Contacts listing, the contact is shown first name followed by last name when my phone is set to show last name first. The data is correct though, that is the last name is in the last name field. Just the display is wrong, ie opposite from all the other contacts in my Contacts. But if I now edit the contact and act a space to the last name, delete the space and Save, then the contact shows the name in the correct order. Q3: Why is this so?

Q4: Why does a contact in an Exchange account on Touchdown end up as a Gmail contact? Is there a way to add a Touchdown contact directly to the Phone?