1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

exchange contacts calendar

Last Updated:

1. Aqus

Aqus Active Member This Topic's Starter

I an new to exchange. I have a HTC dream with Rogers. After reading several posts I finally got to connect to my companies exchange server. When first connecting it showed synching email, contacts and calendar.
    Problem is that I see the emails and can answer no problem. But how do I access my exchange calender?
    Also when composing new mail or forwarding I don't have the company contacts available through exchange, I only have the contacts on my phone which comes from gmail. Is this normal?
    We are on exchange 2007

Advertisement
  2. Aqus

Ok I figured part of it out. My calender syncs fine. My contacts on the exchange server also synchs to my phone, but all the companies email addresses are in the address book which is managed by the IT manager. When composing a new email I don't have access to these addresses, on my HTC dream. How can I accesss the email addresses of the contacts in the address book which are not in my contact database. We are over 300 employees and don't neccessarly want to add all these contacts to my peersonal contacts.
    Thanks

3. happyally

happyally Active Member

try this:

go to contacts, menu button > company directory

search the person there for numbers or emails

OR

go to email, menu button > add recipient > To: > Company tab then search the person that way

I hope that answers your questions

4. Aqus

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for :)

5. happyally

happyally Active Member

No problem... I've been playing around with the exchange client ever since I got the phone...