1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange corperate email and android 2.1 (droid)

Last Updated:

1. dychen

dychen New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All. I've been searching high and low and havent been able to find an answer to this. I have a corperate email account that uses exchange. The only way I can get email on my phone is if my computer is running outlook and logged into the system.

Any ideas? I've tried push, 5 minute refresh, double checked the settings, nothing. If I send an email to myself from my yahoo account it will not show up until I log into outlook, then all my emails instantly show up on my phone. I tried the K9 mail app and it did the same thing.

Any suggestions would be great. Of course my company does not support any non blackberry devices, so I am on my own with this one.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. mpitcock

mpitcock New Member

is your phone set up to use exchange or did you set up outlook to forward to your phone?

3. dychen

dychen New Member This Topic's Starter

I believe its setup to use exchange, I know I can get to my corporate directory, calender, etc. Im starting to think its a VPN issue

4. gtshouse

gtshouse Member

Can you log in to weboutlook from any computer to check your email when you are away from your office?

In your corporate email, hit menu. Under Account Settings>Incoming Settings, what does it say in the server box...are you using the weboutlook address?

Mine is set up using the weboutlook server and I get email on my Droid as soon as it hits Outlook whether I'm logged in to Outlook or not.