exchange droid for better overclocker?

Last Updated:

1. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of three droids I have will not overclock well at all.

I can upgrade to bugless and it works fine, as long as I don't try to overclock it. I'm within my 30 verizon window, would u exchange ur phone for a new one whose processor might be a little more sturdy?

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

If you can painlessly swap out phones I don't see why not (I guess you can't go to Verizon and state "I just just rooted my phone and it won't overclock. Please exchange it."). Some phones seem to have a much better tolerance for overclocking than others. I would first rule out a problem with your rom or kernel (try different rom kernel, and speed combination and see if you get the same result). Back up your SD card to your PC to move back to the replaced Droid.

3. xjestersdeadx

Thanks for the response. Yeh, gone through many variations and it seems to come down to this phone just isn't as resilient to overclocking as some others. I have three droids, two oc no problem, this one just is one force close and reboot loop after another. If I don't overclock, it's fine. So....guess I'll go back to the store. Yeh, I was strategically leaving out my reason for exchange. :)

But I'm four days before the 30 days is up, so I'll try to get a new one and see how that does.

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Go for it :cool:

5. stevonyc34

stevonyc34 Well-Known Member

maybe they gave you a refurbished phone. i had that same issue when i bought the htc imagio from verizon. i returned my first one because it was acting up and when i went to the store to return the defective one for another one the salesperson said i had a refurb. one. after getting the second one i read about the droid and waited for it. thank goodness my 30 days was not up yet so i was able to get the droid. been happy ever since.

6. xjestersdeadx

Ok, replaced my third phone (that is I have three accounts with Droids on them NOT that I'm on my third return lol), and rooted the phone, flashed recovery, and did a nandroid backup. So far its going at 1100 like my other two phones with no problems at all. Setcpu with profiles enabled seems to occasionally cause a problem, so I enabled that part last. So far tho, its going strong.

For all the past whining about Verizon (having a closed platform), and its not that things cant turn quickly toward the worst in the future, but I'm loving the droid and the customization. Nice.

7. xjestersdeadx

ha ha ha ha....ok...just went into boot loop...son of a @#$%~~!! it seems to be a setcpu issue, but I'm not sure. I'll have to see what is going on.

8. xjestersdeadx

Ok something about the phone going into standby mode is causing the reboots. I realized it seemed fine and then about 10 minutes it reboot loops. I realized the screen timeout was set to 10 minutes. When I set the screen timeout to 15 seconds, as soon as it timed out, reboot time. This is obviously some app not working right. I'm installing a clean bugless 0.8 to see if I can track down what is causing the problem.