• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange Email/Calendar w/o Security

fsa317

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
Hi,
The company I work for allows access to Exchange via my Android phone but that requires that I accept security policies which prevent me from using lock screen features.

I was just curious has anyone found any good 'hacks' (e.g. forwarding emails, calendar, etc.) to get access to your corporate exchange w/o having to follow the security policies?

There's one called "resignation". You hand it in. Hacking your company email isn't only a good way to get fired, it's a good way to get free room and board (and a few hours a day in the exercise yard) for a few years. If your company doesn't prosecute ex-employees who tried, they don't really care much about security.

Be glad they don't force you to use a phone locked down with Knox and a locked bootloader.

(Forwarding secure emails to a non-secure server to put on a non-secure phone is a complete violation of security - and a complete waste of effort in trying to secure the network. If they allow that to happen, they need a new IT department.)

Upvote 0
Touchdown is what I use. It retains the security criteria in the app only, so as long as you do not access the app, you won't need to enter the password to use your phone otherwise. It's $20 but well worth it to me. I also use Widgetlocker which allows me to place the Touchdown calendar/email widget on my lockscreen, and as emails come in I can preview them, still without requiring the PIN. Only physically entering the app requires the PIN.

Not sure what phone you have, but if you are rooted and have a galaxy S4 you can use Wanam Xposed to remove the default exchange PIN. I am rooted and have Wanam, but Touchdown has a way better battery life than the stock Exchange, so that's why I stick with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones