exchange email filtering?

Last Updated:

1. ignatz

ignatz Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched throughout the forums to find a solution to this, but so far I have come up empty. Is there a way to filter out messages coming into the phone from the exchange server? I used to do this on my Blackberry, but I can't make it work on the Hero. I receive emails for every engineering release that goes out at my work. On my laptop I can review the attached file, a SNP generated by Access. On the Berry and the Hero I can't, so I would like to not have them cluttering my inbox. Anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Not on the phone. What you have to do is open Outlook and create a folder. Create a rule that sends those engineering release emails to that folder when they arrive

Once you sync you will noticed that the folder is also on the Hero but those emails will not be in the Inbox.

3. ignatz

ignatz Member This Topic's Starter

Good solution, but not great solution. I try not to push these emails off into another folder on my laptop, as they will be easier to ignore there and it's good for me to quickly view them and file them away. The Blackberry simply didn't send them into the phone, but left them in place in the Exchange inbox, so they appeared in the inbox on the laptop. Looks like there's nothing for it though, and I have to choose one or the other. Thanks for the advice.