1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange email options

Last Updated:

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got my Droid2 today, love it. A LOT.

I notice my exchange email account does not allow folder sync other than the inbox. I see an app called Touchdown, but it appears to be a demo unless you shell out the cash for the app.

Am I missing anything or is this the only avenue to get full exchange support?

chaz

Advertisement
  2. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

Here are a trouble shooting document, have a look and hope it could help:

If you are able to successfully connect an Exchange account on your phone, but your email and contacts are not syncing with your device, your company may have a security policy that prevents syncing.

At launch, Motorola DROID's native exchange solution doesn't support password security policy or remote wipe.

If your company's exchange server has been setup to ONLY allow devices that support password security policy, your IT administrator will need to customize some of the settings on the Exchange server for your Motorola DROID to successfully sync.

What options do I have if my company has password security policy on their exchange server?

Option 1 - Instructions for configuring your Exchange Settings

The following solution describes the options that your IT admin can take to adjust the password security policies on your Exchange server to allow DROID connectivity. The available options depend on whether you have Microsoft

3. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter