General exchange not push emails?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Slewman, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Computer Engineer/Software Engineer
    Washington, DC
    so... i have noticed for the last few months that sometimes, my phone doesnt get emails pushed to it.

i have my phone set to notify me as the emails arrive... yet, i constantly find myself checking my mail, then it refreshing and giving me emails that are days old...

anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don't use Exchange, so I'm not familiar with how it works but I disable auto-sync for Gmail when I'm not at home, in order to save battery. Try getting in the habit of checking your email more often.

3. RasJacob

RasJacob Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Frederick, MD
    I have this issue as well. It happens to me when I am not on Verizon's network (3G). While at home, I am on an Extended Network (1X) and I only receive emails when I manually refresh. This just started to happen after the OTA. Since then I have rooted and it still happens on every rom I have tried.

It doesn't bother me too much though because I use exchange for work emails, and who wants to read those at home. :D

4. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Cincinnati
    I had this same problem. The App Touchdown fixed this problem for me. It works great and has a ton of features. It just sucks you have to pay for an App that does what the phone should already do. Good luck !!!!