Exchange on the droidSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I install Touchdown, I get exchange email fine.. But i can't get exchange to work using the email app on the Droid.. any ideas? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

I have it working. What are you having trouble with?

BTW, I tried Touchdown and found that when I sent an email, the body of the email did not go through?.?.?...:confused:

3. Gremlin256

It won't send any emails... just sits in the outbox..don't get any emails either.. After I enter the account info, I can see it logs on fine as it goes to configuration for how many emails to keep and how many intervals.. makes sense? Thanks

Touchdown: body goes fine for me.. Trying increasing the size maybe??

4. IamReady

Did you tell it to also sync contacts? Did they sync if so? You can open that mailbox, hit menu, and account settings and make sure everything looks correct there...

5. Puddinhead

Puddinhead Active Member

I just returned my Droid for this very reason. Getting it to set up with exchange is a nightmare... at best.

6. IamReady

Really??? I thought it was easier to set-up my Exchange account on the DROID then it has been for the many, many WinMo devices I handle for my company.

All I had to do was input my email address, password, and domain and it was done!

7. Gremlin256

IamReady : What exchange server are you guys running? 2003 or 2007?

yes contacts are in sync.. Once I hit the refresh, you can see a circle as if it is working..

I have a funny feeling I need Exchange server 2007 to use it as I am thinking Exchange 2003 push does not work..

Touchdown does not need push to work.. so that is why it is working for me..

8. IamReady

We are running 2003.

9. Gremlin256

did you do any policies on the server?

I entered the info as it requested.. and after I did and you hit next it accepted all the info with no error messages..

so when I go into accounts and it shows a cyan color next to it.. What color does it show for you?

10. Puddinhead

Puddinhead Active Member

Mine started yellow... but after following some advice I got a blue (cyan?) line. But like you, the rest is blank. I get no error messages after hitting "Next" either.

11. Gremlin256

Puddinhead: I got yellow too.. now it is more like cyan.. . blue what you saw was it dark ?

12. Puddinhead

Puddinhead Active Member

I mean... it's blue. Like the blue around the frame of this forum. Truthfully, I don't know what cyan is... but if it's a shade of blue... then I'm sure they're the same.

13. Puddinhead

Puddinhead Active Member

This is from another thread:

I'm one of the Network Admins for my company and my Droid syncs with Exchange perfectly. We were running on Exchange 2003 and recently went to Exchange 2007 and using a wildcard certificate which is one reason why I had to replace my old Motorola Q (the main reason is because it was old and is a piece of crap). Windows Mobile 5 Activesync is not compatible with a wildcard certificate. That being said, there are a few things that can keep a Droid from connecting to Exchange but not the iPhone or other Windows Mobile phones. One of THE BIGGEST reasons the Droid will not connect to Activesync has to do with a activesync policy configuration on the Exchange server. Basically it has something to do with password provisioning the device or something to that extent. In fact, here's a link from Verizon that is directly associated to this issue. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing the Droid to make sure I could prepare our Exchange environment to support it. The problem is that a lot of people make the changes to their Activesync policies because it does increase security. Problem is, the Droid isn't yet compatible with these settings. Keep in mind the Droid is basically running what is still a Beta OS. Sure this phone was released to the public with it and technically they SHOULD have told people that Android 2.0 isn't technically RTM, but what's done is done. I use the phone knowing it's technically beta and I'll run into bugs. So for those of you out there still unable to sync exchange with your Droid...have your IT folk remove device password settings in the Activesync profile. This can even be set per user account if your IT folk don't want to set it as default.

14. Gremlin256

15. Puddinhead

Puddinhead Active Member

OK. Negative. Mine is blue-blue.

16. Gremlin256

I recreated the account on the droid.. and the color on the side by the account is just random.. It has nothing to do with status.. just to let you know..

Puddinhead: care to share which thread you got the exchange info from? Thanks :)

17. Puddinhead

Puddinhead Active Member

18. Gremlin256

I have used touchdown.. I had to uncheck activesync. to make mine work.. If you want I can pm you my settings on touch to you if you are interested..

19. thaJack

thaJack Well-Known Member

I've had Exchange problems, too. It initially sets up just fine, but then it doesn't ever receive push notifications for changes to Contacts and Calendar events. If I make a change on the device, it will push it back up to the server just fine, but changes on the server never make it to the device unless I manually sync them.

Touchdown synced fine both ways, but it has big problems handling recurring calendar events, which was a showstopper for me.

20. IT_Ron

IT_Ron New Member

How is the Corporate Calendar option working with your Exchange environment. I run Exchange 2003 with a variety of phones, but some of the new Droid's are challenging me with the Corporate Calendar! Mail & Contacts work fine!

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...lendar-has-stopped-unexpectedly-exchange.html

21. meanstreet

meanstreet Member

Does anyone know what/how to configure Exchange 2007 secutiy policies so DROID can sync? Please help....

22. meanstreet

meanstreet Member

Do you know how to configure exchange so it allows the DROID to authenticate?

23. Gremlin256

Try using daak. It is demo available in market

24. meanstreet

meanstreet Member

you have to add a mobile policy in your exchange client manager. take thirty seconds, call it droid and make it prompt for a password. You will not get it working without this.

25. Gremlin256

Meanstreet: Care to share what the policy is by any chance?? Thanks