Exchange...please help!

Last Updated:

1. vudols

vudols Member This Topic's Starter

My Exchange email was working perfectly until five minutes ago. My Droid is receiving new emails from the server but when I try to open one I receive the error 'The Application Email (process com.android.email has stopped unexpectedly.' I tried a force quit and even removed the battery but same issue. Any help would be appreciated as I am in a meeting and need email. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

Exact same thing is happening here....I updated 5 or 6 aps this morning and thats the only thing that I can think of that would have messed it up. I was opening emails just fine yesterday...

It now will simply open the inbox and when I attempt to open a message I get the same Force Close message.

3. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

Found this on another forum...

Go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"

Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

You'll then need to resetup the email account and you're messages will open again. Who knows if it will mess up again though.

4. vudols

vudols Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. That worked. Any reason for the issue? Does anyone know if there is improved Exchange integration included in the OTA update or would the group recommend an application like touchdown?

5. kurtb

kurtb Member

Just had the same problem myself. Mail was still syncing, but couldn't open any messages. Followed the steps above and the issue is resolved.

6. bremere

bremere New Member

I use TouchDown...it's ok...not great but OK...yesterday TouchDown had a meltdown and didn't get emails for 8.5 hrs, and when I manually refreshed the inbox it got hung up...after a force close I went back in and ALL MY SETTINGS WERE GONE.....:confused::eek:

It has been functioning well today, but I am cautiously optimistic...not 100% sold on corporate email device...

-emb

7. aussiedude

aussiedude Member

Just had this happen. My guess is, based on the workaround, is that the local cache of email gets corrupt when the application tries to open the corrupt data it blows up.

My Windows Mobile phone would do something similar.