Exchange push e-mail questionSupport

Last Updated: 2012-02-09 01:41:49
  1. spyros09

spyros09 New Member

Hello everyone,

I got my new HTC vivid a couple of days ago. I have one minor issue with pushing emails from my work's exchange mail server to my phone. I noticed that pushing e-mails through the default android mail app works only when both background data AND auto-sync are enabled. However, the hotmail android app does e-mail pushing even if auto-sync is off.

Does anyone got any idea why this is happening? In the end, do I need to have both background data AND auto-sync on to get exchange e-mail push to my phone? Thanks in advance,

Spyros

Advertisement
  2. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

I couldn't help notice this not being answered yet.I would say yes enable them both.For some odd reason only certain mail will do push notifications and im not sure why.I guess it all depends on your mails ability to push messages.For example the gmail app works great with push messages but the htc mail app don't push it only updates and syncs at the time interval you select.
    Hope this helps.
    spyros09 likes this.
  3. spyros09

spyros09 New Member

Hello again guys,

For starters, thanks woodsytattooman for your reply to my previous question :)

I have another issue with the Mail app and ExchangeSync: over the past few weeks, at random times, my phone keeps trying to sync to the exchange server continuously. So, the "Data Synchronizing" small circle keeps flashing on and off, and of course the battery gets drained in a matter of 1-2 hours.

The problem is solved if I turn ExchangeSync off for 1-2 hours, and then enable it again. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks in advance,

Spyros
  4. woodsytattooman

spyros09 likes this.
  5. spyros09

spyros09 New Member

Thanks again woodsytattooman!!!

The thing is, it's not a gmail account that I've set up as exchange in the MailApp, but it's my work's exchange email account. I don't know if I there is any other way to get my work's emails without using the exchange option...

Thanks again,

Spyros
  6. woodsytattooman

Im not sure but you can have other mail imported to Gmail under Gmail settings/Accounts and import tab.I have my yahoo mail imported and it works fine.I added a detailed pic that may help.Its easier to set up on a pc.Good Luck:)
    [​IMG]
    spyros09 likes this.
  7. spyros09

spyros09 New Member

Thanks again for your help and interest :) I'll let you know if anything noteworthy occurs :)

Spyros
    woodsytattooman likes this.