• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange Question from Newbie

mammadroid

Lurker
Aug 17, 2010
Hi,
I am new on this forum and basically I came looking for an answer to this question:
My employer supports webmail for our exchange server and I can check my webmail from any browser, including the one on my Droid.

When I first got the Droid, I used the Email app that came with it to get my webmail from work - Cool! Even my calendar and contacts sync'd with no issues! Loved it!

Then - I guess someone up in IT got wind of it and for some dang reason, I can still go to a web browser and log in but the phone apps say they cannot sync. What up????? This stinks. I guess they thought there was a security risk???

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mamma Droid.

This usually wouldn't pose a security risk, but could pose a support issue. Most organizations will not support connectivity through a phone that they don't support and may in some cases block that functionality.

That does not necessarily mean that is the case here. I have seen corruption in a user's exchange mailbox cause issues with syncing before. Are you still able to sync your contacts and/or calendar on this account? That may be a sign of corruption if you can.

Either way, if you have a co-worker in the organization willing to do some troubleshooting with you, you may see if you can make their account work on your phone. If you can gets their's set up and working with no issues, that's definitely a sign that your exchange account needs to be looked at. However, if their's also doesn't work, then the functionality has probably been blocked.

If you're truly curious as to whether the function was blocked or not, you can always pose the question to your IT dept and see what they say.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones