Exchange server password helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. mfaile

mfaile Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

My Microsft Exchange server requires a password on the phone to sync up. This is incredibly annoying as you have a small window before the phone goes to sleep and you have to re-enter the password. Is there any way to get around this? The setting are greyed out under the Security options screen.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try "lockpicker" from the market and see if that helps.

jiggaDROID likes this.
  3. mfaile

mfaile Member This Topic's Starter

Worked like a champ! THANKS!:D

4. jiggaDROID

jiggaDROID Well-Known Member

Was actually looking for an app like this for a while and couldn't seem to find a good one.. this thing works perfect.

Something interested I noted if you're annoyed with having to type an actual character password but still want some kind of security. I had one of the swiping pattern passwords enabled before I did a sync for my email. I like having a bit of security so people can't just pick up my phone and read stuff, but though typing in an actual word then hitting unlock was obnoxious. After I installed this app, it disabled the need for my exchange required password, but still required the swipe pattern password. I guess if you still wanted that you could just remove the exchange account, create a pattern password, re-sync your exchange account, then download lockpicker. Some people may hate the password idea overall, but I like the little bit of peace of mind, and I think a pattern is infinitely faster and more accurate (I'd type the wrong key a lot of the time with my exchange password).

5. professor_t

professor_t New Member

I was so excited when I first saw this thread, but apparently the app doesn't work with Froyo. I really hope it gets an update soon . . .

6. i.bike.for.life

i.bike.for.life Active Member

Has there been any update to lockpicker working with Froyo 2.2? Or does anyone else have a solution for what to use?

7. gnystrom

gnystrom Active Member

Anyone? Lock picker does not work with 2.2

8. scvcpa

scvcpa Member

Lock picker was working on my Dinc until the latest OTA. It either needs to be updated, or we need another program. I changed the time-out to 15 minutes, but it is still a royal pain!:mad: