Exchange subfolders - alternatives to Touchdown?

Last Updated:

1. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need my Exchange subfolders to synchronise automatically, and I need to receive notifications when a new mail arrives in any of the subfolders.

So far, the only app I've found that manages this properly is Touchdown. I'm in the trial period, and may end up buying it, but I'm hoping that there's another application out there that works as well, but has better design and UI. Does anyone know of one?

I used RoadSync on my Nokia, and was looking for the Android version on the market (it does exist, apparently), but can't find it. It might have been taken off, or perhaps doesn't work with v2.1.

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

3. Kendoji

Yep, but their instructions for getting the app are to search the Android market, where I can't find anything under 'RoadSync' or 'DataViz'.

...I just had another look, and found the text '(Android 2.0 support coming soon...)' - so hopefully they'll release something before my Touchdown trial runs out.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to get decent Exchange subfolder management on smartphones. Oh well, fingers crossed.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

k9 is supposed to be good too.

5. Kendoji

Good tip, thanks!

6. Kendoji

I installed K9, and it looks quite promising, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I've tried every variation of settings and ports that I can think of, and I just get time-outs and errors. I did some googling and it sounds like quite a lot of people struggle to get Exchange to work on K9.