Exchange Support - Sense v.s. Nonsense ROMs

Last Updated:

1. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have rooted 2.1 on my Sprint Hero. So far I have tried Fresh 2.3.3, Darchdroid 2.7 and PureHero 2.3.

I rooted for several issues, most of which have been solved, but my number one issue seems to still be haunting me. Good corporate exchange support! :eek:

Sense based ROM's (Fresh 2.3.3 and stock) support Exchanges security policy and force you to enter a PIN, but bring up the keyboard. My company requires number in the PIN and therefore I have to switch to numbers and enter my pin on a keyboard. I can no longer chew gum and use my phone at the same time. :rolleyes:

Nonsense based ROM's (Darch and Pure) don't require the PIN and allow me to use a pattern security on my phone, but they don't let me overlay my exchange calendar onto my phone with my google calendar. They only sync mail and contacts. Hope this is where I am missing something. This is a deal breaker for me since I have google calendars for everyone in my family and exchange for work. Got to see them all in one place to be where I need to be.

I have tried Lockpicker on the sense ROM's, but then I have no phone security. I have too much info on my phone to go with no security, but I don't want to quit chewing gum.

Any suggestions? Is there ways to pick and choose some of the features in sense? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Advertisement
  2. MrGreg

MrGreg Well-Known Member

You can use an unlock pattern with lockpicker. Set your pattern, set up your exchange account with a pin, then install lockpicker. You should be set.

3. genuser

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Once you setup the exchange server, the only option that Lockpicker shows is turn on/off password. No sign of pattern anymore.

4. Drumsbh

Drumsbh Member

Steps...
    You CANNOT have your Exchange account setup yet... So if it is... Delete it First.
    1. Set unlock Pattern (Settings-Security-Unlock Pattern)
    2. Download LockPicker
    3. Setup your exchange account and enter in a Pin then Confirm that Pin.
    4. When your exchange account starts to sync then go to LockPicker and click Enable.
    5. All done...

genuser likes this.
  5. genuser

Thanks Drumsbh. I'll try it in a couple days and report back. I am now running PureHero nonsense. If your directions work, I really liked Fresh 2.3.3 and will go back to that.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I can confirm that Fresh 2.3.3. will work with lockpicker (to disable the exchange PIN unlock) AND a lockpattern.

genuser likes this.
  7. genuser

That worked perfectly! Thank you guys. You cannot believe how happy this makes me! Fresh 2.3.3 with Exchange and a pattern. :)

8. MrGreg

MrGreg Well-Known Member

M
    Like I said, it works just fine...

There is also another app similar to lockpicker that lets you change your pattern whenever. It's not available on the market though, only on xda.

Edit: Here's a link... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=655649