Exchange Sync - Contact PicsSupport

Last Updated:

1. inkyeyes

inkyeyes New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,

My first experience with Android was 2 weeks ago when i finally received my Incredible (after having it on order for a month). I came from a Blackberry connected to my company's BES Server. I had started taking pictures of my contacts with my Blackberry and the pictures synced with the contacts in my Outlook.

When I setup the Incredible to sync with the exchange server all of the pictures I had for my contacts instantly showed up as the contacts picture on the phone (just like on the Blackberry). I just figured that is how it is across all of the Android phones.

Got my X last friday and found out that it apparently doesn't pull the contacts pictures from Exchange when i gets the rest of the data. Neither does it push pictures taken from the phone up to Exchange.

My question is: is the Droid X's software lacking this feature normal for Android phones?? Do Nexus One's and Samsung android phones sync contact photo's with Exchange?

Trying to figure out if syncing contact photo's is just one of the extra niceties that come with the Incredible's Sense UI?

Thank you :)

Advertisement
  2. Carmen

Carmen Active Member

I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. Everything else is syncing fine, calendar and emails but I can't get my photo's to sync. As dumb as it sounds you become adjusted to looking for the photo and makes the scrolling so much faster when selecting a person. I just wanted to be added to this thread for any answers.

3. bertaale

bertaale New Member

Same problem to me, with android Froyo on HTC desire. Calendar and Email sync ok with MS Exchange, but Contacts with Pics, no. The Sync process give me these error: Unable to connect to Server, and no Contact Sync with Exchange.

4. w1ntermute0

w1ntermute0 New Member

Same issue here. I was using the Touchdown App to sync my contacts, which worked fine with syncing the pictures, but that had some other complications, so now that I use the native Froyo contact sync, the pictures will not sync back from my phone to exchange. Does anyone know if this has been reported over at http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/entry ?

wm

5. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Known issue.

6. skip1214

skip1214 New Member

Another problem that is really annouying, Funny thing is it worked on the Droid and now I have the Droid 2 because they sent me two Droid replacements that had problems.

7. Surreyuser

Surreyuser Active Member

How do you prevent photos on Facebook beign synced with your contacts? Surely I should need to give the phone my permission to use information in this way?

8. skip1214

skip1214 New Member

I far as I know if you have FB as an account configured you cannot change picture source. Really stinks!