Exchange Sync- FrustratedSupport

Last Updated:

1. pfrances

pfrances New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my Droid Incredible since June. I am extremely happy with all features EXCEPT within the past 3 weeks my Exchange Sync has stopped working. Here is some background:

June: Spoke with IT tech rep at work. Sync worked great, received all the codes and was very happy :)

July: Sync still working and still very happy :)

August: I went on a trip and put the phone on "Airplane Mode" when I took it off my Exchange account was showing a constant error with syncing. So I did the following:
    1. Turned on and off the phone- didn't work
    2. Checked Wi-Fi and account settings- didn't work
    3. Spoke with IT tech rep who spoke with Verizon and said there shouldn't be a problem- but there is and it didn't help
    4. Uninstalled Exchange and tried to reinstall- didn't work
    5. Did a factory reset and tried to reinstall- didn't work
    6. Began researching troubleshooting online- didn't find anything

I am beyond frustrated. It is one thing if I was told in the beginning it wouldn't work ever, but it was working for 2 months with no problems. I get the error message "Failed to connect to the Exchange Server. Please check Exchange Server settings"

According to my IT dept the Exchange Server settings haven't changed and I have officially annoyed them enough they have stopped answering my phone calls (a whole new problem within itself I know). I have checked and rechecked all my settings and they are the EXACT same when it was working before. I don't need my contacts or calender or even previous emails. I just need to be able to see and answer new emails as they are received. Please help- so frustrated :( Thanks

Advertisement
  2. tracypeek

tracypeek New Member

Has the IT department made any recent firewall changes? Can they sniff the traffic and determine if your traffic is at least reaching the edge of the Exchange server network?

Tracy Peek

3. Diabolique

Diabolique Active Member

I am currently having the exact same issue with my Droid Eris. My Exchange sync was working fine until about two or three weeks ago, when I suddenly began receiving the same message. The IT people and I have tried many times to figure out what is causing this problem, and so I contacted Verizon yesterday and they suggested everything I'd already done, including a factory reset. I have tried again and again, and I still cannot get Exchange to sync.

Here is the only difference: When I go into the settings to activate a new Exchange sync account and put in all the correct info, it takes me to the next screen where you choose which things to sync (contacts, calendar, etc). When I select "finish setup" I get the following error: "Failed to create account. Please try again later." Weird.