Exchange sync on Hero - folder layout issues

Last Updated:

1. Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

This has been one of only a couple of bugbears I'm experiencing with my Hero. While Exchange syncs perfectly for mail, contacts and calendars, it fails to display Outlook folders in the proper way. Does anyone else experience this?

I have something like 20 folders, most of which have subfolders, and then some of those have more subfolders. In Outlook, it's perfect (naturally). On the Hero, it seems to display them almost randomly - certainly not in the hierarchy they should be, or even alphabetically. With 100+ folders (some with the same name), this is a pain when on the move and relying on the phone to give me access to stuff.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

I've tried the 5 day trial of one of the Exchange apps (can't remember the name) but found it clunky and removed double-quick. Don't like RoadSync either. Plus, I don't see why I should pay for an app when the default one should do the job properly.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Also, on the subject of Exchange, is there any way to get tasks to sync? I'm having to use Gmail to "copy" tasks from Outlook (PITA), and don't really want to add a third party app to manage just those.

I guess it's a case of waiting a few months for some kind of update ... or is that me being a little too optimistic?

Thanks all
    SM

Advertisement
  2. singin hyound

singin hyound New Member

I've got exactly the same issue- would be very interested if there's a recfication!