Exchange Sync problems after ROM update

Last Updated:

1. beren

beren New Member This Topic's Starter

I updated my HTC Hero yesterday with the new ROM for Orange handsets.
    After the update i went back and setup my Exchange ActiveSync settings on the phone, it all seemed to work ok. Initial sync downloaded my emails, contacts and calendar, I then went to change the schedule to 'As item arrives', which is how I normally have the phone set for push emails. I found that when i change this setting the phone is constantly syncing with the server, as soon as it completes a sync it will start syncing again. I left it for about 30 minutes doing this over a wireless connection thinking it might stop eventually, but it didn't.

I have tried deleting the account and setting it up again and also done another factory reset, but as soon as i select 'as item arrives' in the schedule then it does this.

This worked fine before the update, any ideas whats gone wrong?

Is there anything i can do to so that the phone only syncs when there is new mail?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. umshamrock

umshamrock Well-Known Member

i have the same problem! i've set up exchange activesync on my hero and once in a while it will sync. but it is sporadic. it looks like things are syncing - the little syncing icon shows up, and the phone appears to be working. buto mail actually comes through. and then randomly some messages from my inbox will appear on my phone! but not all of them...and not all the time. for example, i haven't gotten my inbox to sync in the last three days at all. i have deleted my account from my phone and set it all up again but it still won't sync.
    when i set it to sync as items arrive it is constantly syncing (it appears) but no messages are actually coming to my phone!
    can some one please help?

3. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

mm.... no one else has this problem??

(i don't have the hero yet, but i intend to sync it w/ exchange - if this is a problem, i want to know the solution/workaround/etc *before* i get into a "situation")

4. ogdenous

ogdenous New Member

I also have this problem. Running Sprint HTC Hero. What I do notice is that the calendar is constantly syncing for me when I go pull down the status. If I turn off calendar sync all seems fine. hope ther eis an update soon.

5. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

My issue was that with Contacts, they would constantly sync and not stop, so I turned that part off to see if mail and calendar would sync. I have it set to 'as items arrive' and when I send myself a calendar entry or email as a test, it comes in very sporadically. I will sometimes get an email within a few seconds, or it could take hours.

I have Exchange 2003 at work, and many iPhones are connected to it and work fine. This is our first Android phone, so I don't want to bother the network guys and annoy them too much before I figure out what the problem is.

I called HTC and have an escalation ticket with them. Great customer service, you call and a person immediately answers! I recommend calling it in yourself to get this problem acknowledged with them.

US # is: 866-449-8358
    International: Web Site