Exchange SyncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. anr311

anr311 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since 2.1 OTA I can't get my sync settings to stick.

I want it to push items as they arrive. I check that box, but when I exit out, it goes back to manual. I've tried changing this in the email settings and in the main sync settings.

This is driving me crazy- I keep missing my work emails!

Also- I have never figured out how to get my vibrating notifications back after the OTA. If my ringer is on vibrate, the only notification I have that an item arrived is my LED.

Finally- has anyone found the fix to the multiple notification email bug? I still get 3-4 notifications for one email when my ringer is on ring.

THANK YOU!!!

Thinking I'm going to have to do a factory reset, but dreading it because I always have to have our IT department set up my exchange email and they are annoyed with me. :)

Advertisement
  2. Ted S

Ted S Well-Known Member

anr311,

I had some of the same problems with Exchange since the 2.1 OTA. I'd set it to sync "as they arrive" but when I looked later it was set at "every 15 minutes". The notification sound also seemed to turn itself off so I would get messages but not hear them arrive. Very frustrating because it worked pretty well on 1.5.

Gmail by-the-way, has always worked well.

Bottom line: I did a factory reset, checked/made all of the Exchange settings, and the Eris seems to be behaving now.

Word is that Exchange integration is going to be much better on Froyo (2.2) but sadly, I doubt Eris owners will see this officially supported by Verizon and arrive OTA.

3. RasJacob

RasJacob Member

I think a factory reset is in your future too. I did one and all my settings are holding.

Although, I am having issues not receiving my exchange email unless I am on 3G after the 2.1 OTA. I have it set to notify as items arrive. I live and work in two different cities. While at work, I am on Verizon's network (3G). While at home, I am on an Extended network (1x). Everything works fine at work, but when I am at home, I have to manually refresh to receive my work emails. It did not do this on 1.5. If I go into the Exchange ActiveSync options, there is an option to Sync when Roaming, but it is greyed out and I can't check it.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Thanks for any help.