Exchange through GoDaddy


Last Updated:

  1. MinConst

    MinConst Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    2
    Well I just spent 4 days with this. I will explain and maybe help someone else learn from this. I t never worked BTW.
    1. I ordered the wrong exchange account. No Mobile included. I setup outlook fine and then realized I goofed.
    2. Called support and canceled the 1st account and opened the second with mobile access.
    3. They kept telling me it would take 24-48 hours for my domain to free up so I could add it to the new account. I waited 48 hrs. and then called. This should normally take a few hours from experience but I waited.
    4 They got magically got my domain freed up in a few hours.
    5. Tried setting up outlook. Could not connect to the server. Called they said it all looked good. This is day three. I finally got them to escalate it up a notch and 24 hrs later I got the email saying it was all set. NOT
    6. Still would not connect to the server. Could not log in with the e-mail account setup on exchange.

    Now I know the first goof was on me. And I had no problem with any of this as I do IT work myself and understand this happens. I cancelled the account and will have to live with Google's archaic steps and screens, way of using my contacts, appointments, and email. Loosing appointments, etc.
    I really miss outlook and my Palm. Too bad the Moto Droid is so good otherwise.
    Min
     

    Advertisement
  2. takeshi

    takeshi Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2009
    Messages:
    3,354
    Likes Received:
    281
    There are all sorts of reasons why you could have had trouble: anything from a mistake on GoDaddy's part to incorrect setup on your part and so on. Seems odd as GoDaddy wouldn't be able to do much Exchange hosting if it didn't work at all.
     
  3. MinConst

    MinConst Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    2
    Yes it was very strange. I know there was something wrong at the other end. It's not like I haven't done this sort of setup before. Problem with it all is dealing with the support channels takes days. One of those "I need to escalate this" after 1/2 hour on level one support and then the escalation team will get back to you in 24 hrs.
    Just a slow and frustrating process.
    I plan on waiting awhile and giving it another shot. The first account worked fine. Pretty simple setup.
     

Share This Page

Loading...