Exchanged the AllySupport

Last Updated:

1. seanpdixon

seanpdixon New Member This Topic's Starter

I Had 2 Allys over the span of 3 weeks. the first one i sent back due to random restarts. sometimes 2 per day other days zero. the battery life was also very poor. with very mild data use and few vice calls and less than 50 texts per day, the battery was at 30% after 12 hrs. that was bad. the second phone was similar to the 1st. now i have Motorola Droid. battery is much better. funny that it is a smaller capacity. the device is smother with all software. also it switches from port to landscape instantly.

i did like the ally. i liked the physical send and end buttons. also to wake up the end key is pushed. easy for my thumb. moto is a bit tricky with button on top. just wanted to see if i am alone in this issue.

Advertisement
  2. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

On this forum you might be because it's an Ally forum. You might find more people on the Moto Droid forum that made the switch you did.

Personally, my Ally has run great. I get 2-3 days out of the battery, although I only do limited texting and data everyday. Mostly I use my phone as...well....a phone, but I do make and receive a ton of calls a day. I've also turned off a lot of stuff by default and only turn them on when I need them. Things like GPS, wifi, bluetooth, haptic feedback, etc. I also keep my brightness level to the absolute minimum except when i'm outside. All these things may also attribute to my long battery life.

Mine switches from landscape to portrait instantly, but I do use the ADW.Launcher Home instead of the LG or stock Android Home themes. I read of others having problems going to landscape like you had using the LG Home theme so maybe that's a problem with it. No random restarts or force closes though. Performance and reliability wise, my Ally has been perfect.

3. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

This sure sounds like someone from the LGAllyForums, but his nick on there is just Joe. If that's you Joe, don't forget about the Nav overheating problem (although that can be fixed with the USB car charger, instead of the normal car charger).

Back on topic, you may have made the right choice in trading in, especially if FroYo 2.2 is important to you, as it's looking like the Ally may not get it officially. I sent my Ally back a couple weeks ago and ordered a Inc (should be here Monday :D), but I'm sure going to miss the hard keyboard on the Ally. LG sure does know how to make a good, well layed out keyboard on a phone...

4. seanpdixon

seanpdixon New Member This Topic's Starter

i agree they keyboard rocked. way better than droid. i dind myslef using the on screen keyboard the most. i have had 9 lg phones in my life and only 2 have ever been bad. the ally and env touch

5. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member

Thats what I did. I have a Droid now too.

Good concept the LG Ally was, poor execution. Too many problems. Too slow for me. It just wasnt enough. Shame, really! Or not...Im far more than happy with my Moto Droid :D! Its love. Just gotta get over that crappy keyboard. Bleh.

6. Pucuck

Pucuck Well-Known Member

I just called and had them send me a box for my Ally. It was okay, but the display is too small. I was so used to my ipod touch and really didn't like the lag I got with the Ally. Froze up even with task killers and I just didn't want to mess with it anymore. My Droid X arrives monday, yay :).

Thanks to everyone on this section of the board for all the cool info and quick responses about any question I had.