1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Exchanges messages stuck in outbox htc tattoo

1. dude12

dude12 New Member

Hi All,

I just purchased a new HTC tattoo , i am unable to send emails using the active exchange account. I Can receive emails, calendar and contacts, but no luck on sending--items just sit in the outbox without error message.
    My work's exchange server requires 4 digit pin to allow full functionality. Unfortunately Device does not prompt for the pin. need help in fixing this.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. dude12

dude12 New Member

Anybody is able to find a solution for this?
  3. rmorgan999

rmorgan999 New Member

Unfortunately, when connecting an Android device to Exchange, the Android implementation of Active Sync does not correctly interpret the Exchange security options. You can still receive e-mails etc. but any send operation (including company directory look up) fails. The work around is to ask your exchange admin to place you into the exceptions group within the Exchange mobile policy settings - this then allows send and directory lookups. But remote wipe no longer works if you lose your device. This really is a compromise work around. Hopefully HTC/Google will fix this with a patch for Android very soon.
    brandmarked likes this.
  4. dude12

dude12 New Member

Thanks a lot for the work around buddy L unfortunately this is against my company policy
  5. rmorgan999

rmorgan999 New Member

No worries - I'm not sure if they fixed this in Android 2.0+, I've raised a call with HTC for the Tattoo but I doubt they'll issue a fix in the near future
  6. dude12

dude12 New Member

Thank you and even i have escalated the call and hoping for a fix apart from this issue i really love the phone :)