exchanging my eris for replacement.General

Last Updated:

1. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i got my phone less than a month ago, for a couple days it worked fine.then all of a sudden, i would go to text and it would go so excruciatingly slow, that i couldnt send a text message. after waiting 20 min to empty my very near empty inbox, it still was running at horrible speeds. i use advanced task killer and never let more than a couple apps run at once, i do all the appropriate things to try and keep my phone running smoothly, but nothing seems to work when it comes to messaging. its a horrible pain in the ass attempting to send SMS messages, which is what I do most

and then, i realize i cant send picture messages on my phone. half the time they never actually get sent. and i have to retry like 5 times before theyre actually sent.

ALSO, my phone app keeps force closing itself. i check ATK to see if it was the problem and nope, its just closing on its own.

I'm planning on goin to verizon tomorrow but my problems arent happening all the time. sometimes everything works somewhat perfectly, but like 75% of the time, one of those 3 problems is happening on my phone.

i'm still within the 30 days that i bought my phone and still under the initial warranty. do you think Verizon will replace my phone?

Advertisement
  2. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just wanna know if Verizon willl give the OKAY for a replacement, even if i cant demonstrate whats wrong with it??

3. smacky

smacky Banned

Yeah, they should. Hope for at least one id your problems to show up.

4. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

I would try a few more things before taking it into the store, since they will try them there anyways...

Are you using the stock messages or another texting app? I would suggest trying Handcent or if that is what you are having issues with, uninstall it and just go with the stock one.

Try uninstalling any new apps one by one to see if it is one of them. If it is still giving you problems, you will probably have to uninstall all of your apps from the market. Then to a soft reset (power off, then back on). Also remember to clear your cache (settings>applications>manage, then press menu and sort so it puts the biggest ones at the top).

If the issues are still there then it probably is a faulty phone, but like I said, Verizon will want you to do a factroy reset before they will give you a new phone. You can find that in settings>security.

Good luck!

PS- I would highly suggest you use the phone without a task killer... my phone is working dandily without one and it is nice to not be worrying about what is running, what do I need to kill, etc etc. Just let it run itself! If anything, just use it to kill the brower if you are using the stock one. (Dolphin has an option to close and clear the cache at the same time. Very cool)

5. mpaquette

mpaquette Well-Known Member

Skip the task killer and try doing a factory reset on your phone. If that doesn't help, then exchange it.