• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchanging phone out of 30 day window?

kupochan

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Well I paid no attention to my phone turning off, because before it would only do it maybe once or twice a week so it was no biggy. But this last week, every day when I woke up and checked my phone, it would be off, and throughout the day it would shut off 4-6 times a day. Then I looked up the problem and saw that I had purchased a bugged phone. The thing is, I noticed this OUTSIDE of my 30 day window.

Now I'm about to call AT&T, buy I am scared that I'm going to get my exchange rejected, or they're going to try to give me a new battery when clearly that's not going to help. What can I say in order to persuade them to make the exchange? I'm really bad at making a good point and I need to write down points and have them in front of me so I don't forget to bring them up, and me end up sounding like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Does it just depend who I talk to and hang up on whoever isn't giving me what I want to hear and try again? lol..

As far as the battery goes, tell them that you tried another battery from your friends phone because that's what you thought it was but it still did it ;)
The 30 day window is for in-store, after that they will send you a replacement in the mail with a return label to send yours back.

Ah see, I wouldn't have thought of that! And I really did convince 3 friends to get the Captivate bahaha... Thanks alot, I'm definitely going to argue that :p

Upvote 0
A belated welcome!

You'll find that most AT&T CSRs are helpful. If you come across one who's less than helpful, say that there's someone at your door and you'll need to call back. Do just that until you get a rep who will provide satisfactory assistance.

Re: random shutdowns, one time is one too many.

Let us know how it goes. We're here for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones