Exchanging your free 2gb SD cardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gatorbri

gatorbri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody tried exchanging the free 2GB micro SD card that came with the Incredible? I didn't originally receive mine but then our Verizon rep had it FedEx'd to me. It says in the package that it originally cost $14.99. Can I take it in to a Verizon store and exchange it for some accessories? I already have 2gb card and will likely be buying a bigger card anyways.

Advertisement
  2. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

I have no idea. But I received two of them

One was sent because rep said it wouldn't come in box.

But I ended up getting one in box and rep said it was already shipped so they couldn't do anything.

So now I have 2 2GB SD cards, but I'm using the 8GB that came out of my storm.

Anybody want a 2GB card?

3. taco

taco Member

oooo mee pick me i want it

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I doubt they would give you a store credit on something they GAVE you... you can certainly try though..

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

You wanna buy mine?;)

6. mb236

mb236 Well-Known Member

If you have an extra one, I'll take it! BB said they were giving them away with Incredible purchases, but they never gave me one, and when I went back they told me I was lying and wanted an extra card. =( I never got one.

7. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I sold mine on ebay for $1.04 :(. Not much demand for them....

8. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

You actually sold it on ebay? Did it cost more than $1.04 to ship it? :)

9. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

We I charged $5 for priority mail shipping. I didn't lose money on it. I just only made a $1 profit. Sucks but oh well...

10. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

Don't have an answer to your question but I have a question about the 2g cards in general.
    Mine didn't even come with a card. The verizon place said it wasn't standard and only the very first ones shipped out got them(got mine 3 days after launch). I got an 8g now but curious if someone else didn't get one at all.

11. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

sorry, double post.

12. vjetti

vjetti Active Member

Ok all the scenarios above are different than mine, but this may apply. I didn't get the 2 GB card with my preordered phone. I went in with my invoice and they gave it to me. But I also had the option of buying a higher capacity micro SD card with a $20 discount in place of the 2 GB card. I was going to buy a 16 GB card for $60 (after the $20 discount). But then I used Google Goggles on the barcode, and found that they were selling the same 16GB micro SD from Sandisk for $40 on Amazon and elsewhere.

So it wasn't worth it and I just took the free 2 GB card. Lesson is that Verizon store prices for the micro SD cards are way too high.

13. Justin89t

Justin89t Well-Known Member

When I bought my Incredible in store they offered me a 2 gig card or a 20 dollar credit towards a larger capacity card. It was only 10 dollars to get a 4 gig so that was worth it. Any higher capacity and the prices were just way to high. eBay, newegg, anywhere online will be much cheaper.

14. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

I have a 16gb and have no use for a 2gb. Would rather see it go to a good home. So if you didnt get one and need one PM me. First come first serve. Free of charge.

15. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I got mine from Best Buy and they wouldn't give me a 2 gb card.

Instead they gave me a free Zagg Invisishield with Installation and it's working great.

I bought the 8 gb CLASS 6 and I think it is well worth the 20 bucks considering the speed and size. 2 gb was just to keep critics quiet, but if you are a hardcore user, everyone knows that won't last long so don't feel like you are missing out.

16. prerunnerseth

I'm quite sure the last minute addition of the 2gb card was due to the fact that no apps currently support the internal storage since this is the first device to have it. many apps store small amounts of data on the SD card.

17. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Is there a post or documentation that lists what that 8gb internal storage actually CAN use?

18. mb236

mb236 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is true, but I'd like to have at least a 2gb so those apps will work. Not everything recognizes the incredible's internal storage.

19. prerunnerseth

The built in apps use it. You can also store ringtones, music and that kind of stuff with it. I'm sure apps will get updated in time to support the internal storage as developers learn how to do it.