Exchanging

Last Updated:

1. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My battery is still really, really bad. I did manage to last an entire day with 30 percent left by not using it at all, but other than that, that's pretty useless. If I wanted to exchange the battery, would I be able to do that rather than turning over the entire phone and getting back a new one? I don't feel the capacity to hard reset this phone, give it in, then re-root and do all the things I'm supposed to do with this phone all over again.

Advertisement
  2. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

I beleive that you would need to exchange the entire phone and not jsut the battery. You could try to call Samsung for a replacement or go get a couple via Ebay, but your choices at this time are "limited".

3. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

Are you positively sure that any one given app that you may have installed isn't eating your battery?

4. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

^^ This as well, without knowing what settings you have active or what applications you have installed it makes it kind of hard to determine if your battery life is normal or not.

Another note I think people are being over-optimistic about how long the battery should last. The display and hardware on this phone eat batteries for lunch. If you use your phone all day long dont expect it to last long.

5. yahoowizard

I had an iPhone, and when it came out, people complained of it having one of the worst batteries ever. After 4 years, I still love the battery. I'm not sure battery increases after 4 years, but it's the iPhone 2G too.

6. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

I just exchanged my battery only yesterday. I just brought in the battery and my receipt and said it was defective. They asked about the phone but I said it was working fine, all I wanted was a new battery. In and out in 5 minutes. I was within my 30 days.

7. yahoowizard

Hmmm...maybe I should try that...

8. yahoowizard

No wait, shit, I threw out the receipt...It was in the box I shipped it in...