Exclamation mark next to text message?

Last Updated: 2012-07-11 17:53:53
  1. Batt1719

Batt1719 Well-Known Member

There is a red triangle containing an exclamation mark next to the last message I sent. What does this mean?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The message did not successfully send. You'll have to resend it (after first waiting for a few minutes to be sure it is not still trying and does send).
    lonzom10 and Batt1719 like this.
  3. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

True, but not always the case.
    I was getting the failed message yesterday (the exclamation point next to the sent txt) and they were still going through..
    Strange
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The trigger for the failure is not time sensitive, it is signal strength sensitive, and that varies in micro-seconds.

Unfortunately it is not a perfect system and as far as I know the user cannot turn that feature off. At least the "message failed to be sent" prompt does not come up unless a receiving tower is not found (an outage). Sometimes even those failures self correct and the sender will inadvertently send a duplicate message.
  5. texaspony

texaspony New Member

This thread is a bit old ... But I had the same error with a text I sent the other night. The signal was spotty in the apt complex I was in, but the text message was asking a girl on a date. I didn't get a reply so is she blowing me off or did the message not go through?