Exclude folders

1. danbryan

danbryan Member

Does anyone know of a way to exclude folders from programs such as the music app, or tunewiki. I have some audio books i dont want the phone to see in the music folder, rather only in my audiobook player. both of the files are in mp3 format.

Advertisement
    :
  2. justchilln

justchilln Active Member

Bump... anyone know of some good programs for this?
  3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

use a different mp3 player, i use the app called mixzing and its amazing. It also lets you speficy what folders to look into, so you can ignore your audiobook folders for example.
  4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

5. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Oh thanks...think I might give it a miss then
  6. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I am having no problems. I noticed a couple of the new skins I downloaded for Beautiful Widgets were showing up in my gallery. These skin directories were missing the .nomedia file and since I added it by copying and pasting from some other skin directory all is well.
  7. aliciadroid

aliciadroid Member

argh i just downloaded the paid ambling app.. it nice BUT the audio book still appears in the music player .. I know it is because its mp3.. I thought the music or book player had an exclusive folder? how can I fix this??? I do not want my audio books in shuffle or in music menu:(
  8. aliciadroid

aliciadroid Member

hi same problem here..i saw the mizing app and did not like the loo and feel prefer the htc player :(. please tell me if you figured it out
  9. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Try it with a dot in front of the name of the audio book folder (e.g. ".MyAudioBooks").

Harry
  10. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member

On a Samsung Galaxy 2 I've tried adding the .nomedia file, renaming directories and files with a dot prefix and none has worked keeping the files out of the Music Player and Play Music aplications.

The files are mp4 files produced by the phone recorder.
  11. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Stock galleries and music player don't re-scan for media after be started.

When you have changed a folder's name, try a re-scan app like SDRescan or reboot your phone.

Harry