Exhibit 2 won't stop vibratingSupport

1. blodgettlandin

blodgettlandin New Member

My Exhibit 2 is less than a month old. I like it in all respects except one -- there are times when it starts vibrating and just won't stop. I either have to turn it off or take the battery out to make it stop. It seems to happen only when I am on wifi. It is unclear what triggers this. At least once, it seemed to be triggered by an incoming email. Is there a way to disable email notification (so that it doesn't vibrate)? Any other suggestions for fixing this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

You should be able to disable all vibration for the different alerts. What email app do you use? If you use k9, go to Menu>more>settings>account settings>notifications and simply uncheck vibrate. Sounds like the phone is defective though, not an issue I've ever had and all my alerts vibrate.
  3. myadroidbroke

myadroidbroke New Member

I have exactly the same problem with my Exhibit II. There should be a bug fix for this.
  4. dodukes

dodukes Active Member

this happens to my phone all the time too, i havent figured out what it is....this is one of amongst a few things about this phone that are awry
  5. rexxcastle

rexxcastle Well-Known Member

my wifes does the same thing
  6. grvrjshwr

grvrjshwr New Member

Mine does the same but only on some repeating meetings (synced via exchange account). I have disabled vibrate for calender and that seems to work.
  7. natEMi

natEMi Well-Known Member

I have the vibrate problem too, mainly with skype and texts. Just pull the battery.
  8. cybrshrk

cybrshrk New Member

Bought my Exhibit II 3rd week of Jan. 2012. I have had the vibration problem for last 2 months. About once a week. Have to pull battery to stop it. I'm wondering if I should get warranty work done.
  9. starflower7

starflower7 Member

This happened to me once so far after about two weeks. I've had the phone for a little over a month now.
  10. fesc

fesc New Member

Hi all, I bought my phone on Feb this year and the same problem occurs with my phone. :(