• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exhibit 4g battery life

I'd say its pretty good, definitely one of the top android phones I've used in terms of battery life.

I can use it for a few hours as an mp3 player while at work, some web browsing, texting and phone calls and make it through the day with plenty of juice left. If I am watching videos that takes its toll on the battery.

Overall the phone gives incredible bang for the buck.

Reactions: salvage
Upvote 0
I have had this phone since 7/12 and the Battery life is terrible. I just spent and hour with tech support at Samsung.com and they are not able to resolve the problem. I charged the phone all night and 2 hours of use and it"s already at 57% life. i am going to get a new battery and hopefully get some life out of this. Good phone if it wasn't for the battery issue.

Upvote 0
Just an update: I have been using my phone and the battery life has continued to be great. I charge it at night and it lasts me all day, even through surfing the web, listening to music and texting. And an occasional game or two. I also have a live wallpaper as well. For me personally this battery lasts longer than any of the other smartphones that I have had. There are some other things I dont like about the phone but this thread isn't about all that lol.

Upvote 0
I've found that the battery life is very dependent on what's running: For me, the three largest drains (without any streaming) were, by a large degree, highest first:
o Wi-Fi Connectivity
o GPS Support
o Display Brightness

Controlling these reduced the drain by about 70% !. Of course, your results are likely to be different. To view usages:
Settings > About Phone > Battery Use

To quickly and easily control some major power consumers, select one of the 5 Home pages that has some room, then
Menu > Add > Widgets > Power Control (Android)

For additional info see:
Android battery life: how to improve it | News | TechRadar UK

AWB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones