• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exhibit won't see home wi fi network

Decaturhd

Lurker
Apr 3, 2013
I am trying to use a Samsung Exhibit 2 4G to connect to home wi fi. It worked fine for about a day then stopped. Nothing wrong with router settings or home network at all - other devices and other cell phones connect with no problem. The Exhibit doesn't see ANY wi fi network, at home, Starbucks.....none. I turn on wi fi, it does one quick scan, turns off. I try to manually add network and get the message "can't save network." I've done factory reset twice - same problem. I bricked the phone accidentally but with the help of this forum I did a "back to stock." Still won't see network. Any advice is greatly appreciated

I am trying to use a Samsung Exhibit 2 4G to connect to home wi fi. It worked fine for about a day then stopped. Nothing wrong with router settings or home network at all - other devices and other cell phones connect with no problem. The Exhibit doesn't see ANY wi fi network, at home, Starbucks.....none. I turn on wi fi, it does one quick scan, turns off. I try to manually add network and get the message "can't save network." I've done factory reset twice - same problem. I bricked the phone accidentally but with the help of this forum I did a "back to stock." Still won't see network. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Hello Decarurhd.

Well, thank you for saving the best part for last in your post there. :D If the device was soft bricked and restored there is the possibility that an important file or service was left out or misconfigured during the process you used.

It's hard to give advice on something like that, other than making sure your Exhibit is actually back to the stock condition it was out of the box by checking and comparing the data in "about phone" with the known stock info.

Additionally, since the "back to stock" procedure, has your device received an update via OTA? Often that will not play nice with things as restored from a non-functional condition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones