Existing verizon contract...least expensive way to get the incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I started a 2 year $59.99/900 minute contract in 03/2009 when I got my blackberry storm. I'd like to get the Incredible but of course I don't want to pay full retail and I'd prefer not to wait another year using my Storm.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Advertisement
  2. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member

If you sign a two year contract starting now, you can upgrade at the two year price. Your contract would then end in 2012, along with the rest of the world. :D This is called the annual upgrade program.

3. abadgti

abadgti Well-Known Member

Add a line and then swap your other line to a regular phone non smart phone. Then sell your BB and use that money to terminate the other line early.

4. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that looks like the best way.

Apparently my contract was in July (not March) so I'm not eligible for any upgrades at all right now, although the early-term fee is down to $135 (spoke to verizon), which isn't that bad since much of that would be made up by ebay'ing the storm.

5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

if you signed up 3/2009 you can go renew your contract for the Incredible.

6. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

As others here have said, if you started your contract in March of '09, then you should be eligible for an Early Upgrade. Adding a line instead of using that is silly.

7. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Is it possible to sign a new two year contract only 7 months into an existing contract? I thought the only way to sign a new contract is by being at least one year into your current contract and signing a new 1 yr contract for one year pricing.

8. seoultrain

seoultrain Well-Known Member

The Customer Experience

Ctrl+F for "annual upgrade"

If you qualify, you can get an Incredible @ upgrade price. The only catch is you will most likely give up your NE2 credit for March of 2011.

Edit: Sorry, misread the thread's direction. I'll keep the link up as reference, though.