expected date for new 2.2 build?

Last Updated:

1. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have come to the conclusion that vzw aborted the ota on the 1st 2.2, and not many people have gotten it. It seems at least on this forum that everyone has 2.2 via a forced update. Very few people have chimed in that they got a ota.

However, given that vzw is releasing the droid2 on Thu the 12th, I would think that this is going to have the newest froyo, not the version released ota that everyone forced with. Correct thinking?

If that is also true, then shouldn't we be seing something coming out ota for us 2.1 droid 1 users very shortly? anyone have any dates?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

There hasnt been a confirmed date yet that I know of. The Droid2 will most likely have MotoBlur on it so its not something that can easily be adapted to the Droid1.

Im willing to bet they have something in testing right now. VZW is known for taking a long time in testing although it appears they missed some issues in the last OTA

3. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Most likely the day after everybody stops creating "When is 2.2 coming out?" threads.

4. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Verizon, and they say 2.2 will be to everyone with Droid1 by the 13th of this month. keeping my fingers crossed

5. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I also recieved the same info from Verizon tech support yesterday, they said we would all have it be the 13th. I hope they got it right with this build.

6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I have learned to take what Verizon Support says with a grain of salt. The original rollout was supposed to be from 08/03/2010-08/13/2010. So, if the end date is still supposed to be 08/13/2010, then that means that they basically have had the new build being rolled out since 08/03/2010. That is not logical seeing as the bad build was supposedly pulled a couple days after it started rolling out. I would think that they would have to have at least a few days to fix the build and then test it. Otherwise, it would mean that they knew about the issues in the bad build and rolled it out anyways. If that were the case, they were taking a huge risk of loosing new customers.

I think that they will release the new build when it is ready to be released and until then, you have the option of forcing the bad build or rooting and installing a custom 2.2 ROM.

Kratos

eXsoR likes this.
  7. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

I think apple sent Mr. Papermaster over to screwed with the ota 2.2 update. Just my guess :rolleyes:

edit: such a cool last name :cool:

8. ricksievers

Called Verizon again and now they say that 2.2 might be coming around the 18th of this month. They are blaming it all on Adobe.

9. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Why would it have anything to do with Adobe? The flash support is a separate app, not built in. At least it better be a freaking separate app. I don't want that flash bullcrap on my phone.

10. boatman

boatman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As i said in the original post, my thought process was that the droid2 comes out on thu, with 2.2 and flash. so you would think that a droid original version would have to be close to that. the 13th-20th seems logical....

11. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

Honestly guys, I don't think it has anything at all to do with the droid2's release and whether or not that phone will come with 2.1 or 2.2 on it right out of the box.

I think we'll get the next build of 2.2 shortly, but not because the droid's successor is being released soon and VZW/Moto is feverishly working to get those dates as close as possible. However, I do think that they're working feverishly because last week they released a build of 2.2 that is clearly all knackered and they don't want their customers running around with bum phones because of their mandatory software update that was less than polished.

Just my $0.02. Personally, I'm happy with 2.1 and not dealing with all the 2.2 gremlins I see posted all over the place here.

12. ricksievers

Yea, I too am waiting for a complete ota update. I would throw my phone away if it was not working correctly.

13. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Called verizon tech support- 2.2 is coming out MIDNIGHT TONIGHTS!

Any other dates ppl wanna give?

14. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Called verizon tech support- 2.2 is coming out MIDNIGHT TONIGHTS!

Any other dates ppl wanna give?

15. Bondad

Bondad Active Member

Checked the Magic 8 Ball and it said "Cannot Predict Now" So if the Magic 8 Ball doesn't know, NO ONE does! :D

corbinator likes this.
  16. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I asked my psychologist about this and he said that I need to get a life!!! :D

I'm not too worried about it. I figure when it comes, it comes. I'm just glad I held off on forcing the original build. There's just been too many people having too many issues with it.

Kratos

17. ladybadger2007

Ok I went into my local store today, because my D1 said It was connected to a media dock and of corse It wasn't. The manager asked if I had gotten the OTA yet, I said no Y? He said he got his yesterday, and then he put his memory card in my phone and now I have 2.2 and Flash 10.1 yay. He said that flash would be available in the market on the 18th, I don't know how he got it, but he did and now I do too. Yippee lol 2.2 is good . He also said everyone should have 2.2 by Friday the 13th (yikes) Ok well I gusee we know it is rolling out at least.

18. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

I have the FRG01b build and love it. No problems what so ever. The phone is more responsive. BT Voice dialing is a god send. If it turns out that those who forced the update don't get the FRG22 (or whatever version they decide to roll) update, it's no big deal, flash to 2.1 and receive OTA.

19. 5Strong

5Strong Well-Known Member

If what you say is true and you have the newest, latest and greatest, then we need someone to take a look at your phone!

What is the baseband, kernal and build of the system you received?

20. ladybadger2007

Baseband C_01.3E.03P ,Kernal 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26#1, Build FRG22and Adobe 10.1 Flash Beta Is that what you were looking for? I hope this helps the doubters

21. steakneggs

steakneggs Member

Screenshot?

22. ladybadger2007

working on that screen shot for ya'll geez

23. 5Strong

5Strong Well-Known Member

I was not doubting you...I just thought this info may help someone search the google servers for the release so that we can ALL upgrade. Can anyone confirm if this is the same as the Deodexed FRG22 that is in the 2.2 forced upgrade thread?

I downloaded thr FRG22 build but have not pulled the trigger yet!

24. steakneggs

steakneggs Member

Exactly, screenshot helps everyone find it..

25. ladybadger2007

Ok so i took the pic with my sons droid and sent it to mine, copied it to the sd card and now I am not finding it in the gallery any ideas? I am trying to get this screen shot posted