experience at VZW store

Last Updated:

1. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned This Topic's Starter

Dec 5, 2009
    So i had repeatedly emailed verizon to make sure i would be ok when i walked into the store to upgrade to the X through the promotion. Well they said I would and when i walked into the store guess what? I wasn't set as my account wasnt marked so i had to wait for about 20 minutes and luckily i printed out the emails verizon had sent me and had them with me. Just an FYI if you email verizon its wise to bring them along with you when you go in in case you have any problems.
    I know someone will probably post something about how this thread is pointless oh well just trying to help people out.

2. Hughett

Hughett Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Although this has been discussed many times before, I had an equally frustrating time with these reps. I was in the same boat as you with the early upgrade program.

I orginally called on July 10th to inquire about this promo. This rep was actually helpful and knew about the promotion, let me know that although that my annual and new every 2 dont reflect the upgrade, I was flagged that I could upgrade, she let me know she also made a note in my account about this promo and that I was eligible.

Then I started reading about the issues people were having with getting Verizon to honor this upgrade, I decide to call back and thats were it went downhill.

I called and this rep and she was clueless, had not any clue about this promo, I had to literally read the press release FROM Verizon to her, only then did she have to talk to a manager and came back and said I was ok to upgrade. After two reps you would think Im ok to upgrade right? WRONG.

July 15th rolls around, I call at midnight to upgrade. Guess what, this lady was so set that this promo didnt exist. I told her that the previous rep informed me that if an issue came up, I was to mention that my account had been noted that I am eligible. She tells me its not in the notes and this promo doesnt even make sense, I cant upgrade from a "droid" to a "droid". Im pretty upset at this point, tell her I was just told 24 hours ago its in the notes, she gets an attitude with me and says, " ITS NOT IN THE NOTES...... oh wait here it is, it was to far down."

I cant believe its so hit or miss with the people.