Experienced a new GlitchGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running 2.1 v3. Last night I was using navigation for a long trip while listening to the baseball game on MLB At Bat. I got an incoming call and the audio for the ballgame and the navigation voice kept going. My caller could hear the game and the GPS voice.

Is there a setting that I need to change? The ballgame audio would stop automatically every time the navigation voice broke in as it is supposed to. But neither one stopped for a phone call.

Also had a problem with the GPS signal being lost. Went on for hours with it unable to find the satellites. Restarting the phone fixed that.

Advertisement
  2. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I have had this happen to me before when listening to a podcast or other music mp3 and a call coming in. I assumed it was just a glitch like you say. I am running 1.5.

3. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Hm, interesting. Whenever I have calls come in everything else is silenced/paused. However, I haven't ever received calls while using Navigator.

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. That Navigation lady doesn't keep her mouth shut, even if you're talking to the Mayor.

Phone, screen asleep, in your pocket, on Bluetooth with your Mom?

Doesn't matter

She just talks. She doesn't care what you're doing, LOL.

5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Don't know if there is a setting - it isn't obvious if there is one. I've had folks call me (different 2.1 release) when I was using either a headset or the speakerphone, and asked them specifically if they could hear the GPS over-voice, and in both cases the answer was "No.". (Are you sending audio to a car stereo or something, where the mic can pick up the GSP Lady's voice?)

Word. I suppose there might be a way to turn down/mute the Nav voice volume (Home...StatusBar Nav ... Menu ... Mute?) once a voice call has started, but I am not about to attempt that while I drive and talk to someone.

Instead, I just say, "Sorry, what did you say? I think we have a bad cell connection" a lot. :D

eu1