Experienced my first non-recoverable CRASH

Last Updated:

1. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just as I was starting to get comfortable that I had removed all the crap that I had added on the first day that was contributing to all the Force Close crashes, today I suffered my first complete hardware lockup.

It happened after lunch when I was playing with a few apps, one or more of which may have been running in the background. No stupid apps like Vevuzela or soundboards. Just fairly normal stuff like Youtube/Discovery mobile, maybe ems/fire scanner I can't remember. Played with the free 360 camera app and tried to take a reverse picture of myself. Must have hit the "search" button and that's where it froze. No combination of buttons of hold lengths would fix it. It wouldn't go to sleep and when I called it from my work phone it didn't ring or react in any way. I had to pry it apart and remove the battery, which some of you I'm sure know is no easy task in and of itself.

I know that it's probably technically my fault for splurging on stupid apps on day one. I know that a factory reboot may possibly fix my problem(s). But I can't help but feel deja vu back to the days when I fell for Ubuntu and gave her all my patience.

Don't get me wrong, if you check my other posts you'll see that I'm in for the long haul, and this isn't some "this sucks so I'm leaving" post. But I figured I'd post the seemingly first reported full system lockup mention and give my opinion.

For now I'm not going to change anything. I'm going to see what happens next and then come back and report. Of course all discussion/suggestions/criticism is entirely welcome.

=P

Advertisement
  2. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

hehe i havnt had any crash yet... but then im pretty careful what apps i put on my aria. btw back pops off easy, all yea do is put your thumb on the speaker and your index fingernail in that litttle slit on the top of the phone... then just push with your thumb, pops of easy for me when i do that.

3. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Do you have a task killer installed? I know those can cause problems.

4. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

Actually, please do not use the speaker grill in any way to remove the cover...plenty reports of people denting it in and damaging it. Do your searches..

Try taking off the back cover the way HTC instructs. There are several pictures showing how in the packaging and online all over the place...

5. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

ah advice taken... hadn't seen anything about denting though, never really bothered to read a guide on taking the back off a phone :eek:

OJsakila likes this.
  6. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

7. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whoa, thanks for the manual link!