Experiences with battery from ebay-seller Ebidit?

Last Updated:

1. carolien

carolien Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, i was looking on ebay and was looking for cases for my desire and saw some by a seller named ebidit*. A friend of mine already bought those cases and is very happy with them. Then i went looking what this seller has to sell for the desire besides cases and found that he sells a battery. Before i order it, i wanted to check if people have experience with this battery, cause i don't want my phone to be doing weird things after i use this battery and then find out that if i asked this on the internet before using it, i could have prevented this. So therefore, does anyone of you have positive or negative experiences with the battery from this seller?

(the link of the ad is 1600mAh AKKU Batterie + Ladekabel f

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I doubt that battery will be any better than your HTC one. The HTC battery operates to about 95% advertised capacit, however the 3rd party ones this is much lower.

There was a big thread on this a while ago.

This is interesting:

BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

3. carolien

Thanks for your reaction! I wouldn't be using it instead of my htc battery, more as a spare battery. But buying a spare battery for 14 euro's if it doens't last that well, is useless anyway. I will take a look in the topic you mentioned!

4. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

If the battery is cheap $9 or less, then it's too good to be true and you should avoid those (usually from Hong Kong or Singapore). I heard of a man in China getting his head blown off while using it because of a counterfeit battery (look for it on google) and my battery melted a decade ago in my flip phone.

5. carolien

Thanks for your answer! The battery is indeed from Hong Kong, but according to the internet 14 euro's is 19,50 american dollars, so does this mean it is a better battery than the ones you mention above, or is it probably still bad? Are there things you need to watch when buying a spare battery? I checked the voltage and model number and those are the same as on my battery now, but don't know what else to look for. Or are they all bad?

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer