Experiencing Issues with 2.1 ROM's (Incoming Calls / Messages / GPS)

Last Updated:

1. MDLS

MDLS Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there,

Posted this over in the main forum, but as it's not specific to earlier, I thought I'd post here.

I purchased the HTC Hero from Sprint around a week ago, and it came with a stock 1.5. Had no issues at all, so today decided to try out the leaked 2.1 RUU. Updated without a hassle, but I've been experiencing some issues. This led to me repairing the bootloader and then trying DamageControl 2.08, and now finally fresh 2.0d. All installations went perfectly, nothing to call home about.

My issues are listed below:

• It cannot automatically detect my timezone, and it has no clue as to my location for weather nor other features.
    • When I enable the GPS to go onto Maps, it locates me as around 1,000 miles off the west coast of Africa, whereas I'm in Pennsylvania, USA.
    • I can call my phone from another line, but no response on my phone (no calls received, nor missed calls).
    • When voicemails/messages come in, they flood in (10 new messages, etc, that have all stacked up).

I'm using the Wireless Tethering that comes with Fresh 2.0d, and I used PDANet/EasyTether prior to now (as my sole internet is tethering). I'm wondering if this could have at all affected it. Even with tethering disabled for a good hour, still nothing can reach me.

If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be greatly appreciated. (Perhaps a radio update?)

Thank you.

EDIT: Woops, just reported to a moderator. Should be in the Sprint All Things Root section.

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

A radio update might help. Are your location services turned on?

Sorry, that is all I can think of.

Good Luck,
    Mike

3. MDLS

Would anyone be able to guide me toward a radio update and how to go about it? Thanks.

Yes, my location services are turned on.

4. MDLS

I've just flashed the radio and updated it to 2.32.40.

Still no luck.

Can't find my location for weather, GPS, nor time, and cannot receive SMS or calls.

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

6. MDLS

Tried what you suggested for the location issue, and it still says "your location is temporarily unavailable". About to update the radio.

7. MDLS

Updated the radio to 2.42.. and still nothing. It's fairly annoying.

Still can't even detect the simplest of things like my timezone.

Trying to see how it's even possible to jump back down to 1.5 now; as I keep having these issues, and have had em on every ROM I tried so far. I'm about to try out DarchLegend..

8. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

since you used the 2.1 RUU instead of rooting, then flashing a ROM, I don't know if that is where the issue lies. I also don't know if you'll be able to run the 1.56 RUU to get back to 1.5

9. MDLS

I took my phone back to Sprint. I put the 2.1 leaked RUU on there, and took it to em'. Store manager swapped it for a new one.

I believe it was a hardware issue when it came to it. On 1.5, whilst I was tethering I'd not receive calls nor texts, similar to the all-time issue in 2.1. On the new phone which is running 1.5, it receives both whilst tethering.