Expert Answers needed.. iphone convertSupport

1. scottd67

scottd67 New Member

Ok I am a new Droid convert and have the new Galaxy S3 and love it!! but have some Noob questions, and would appreciate all the guidance out there..lol

1.. What is the difference between Allshare and Kies, I downloaded both programs on my laptop and they basically look the same. I want to have full access to my videos, Pictures, and music and other Doc files when I travel often, and be able to sync my calender and contacts flawlessly if possible lol

2.. Are there different Clouds that can be used, under Allshare there is SugarSync, and doesn't Google's cloud work also, which is better?

3.. When I first got it and synced my old contacts, with facebook, and my google contacts, I got so many duplicates, and I never wanted all my facebook contacts to be synced, just the ones I already had in my phone contact list. What a mess my contact list is now!!

SO HELP PLEASE!!!

Scott

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

2. Not sure what you're asking. What is your actual requirement? What do you want in the "Cloud"?

3. In Facebook app itself, under sync contacts is an option to sync only thjose who have phone contacts too.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

AllShare will link to 'smart TVs'. Namely, TVs that have DNLA (or is it DLNA, I don't remember). This will allow you to stream your movies and pictures to a TV. If you live in the US, you've likely seen the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 commercial? Where the girl streams the video of the rock concert to a big screen? That's AllShare.

Kies is more of an iTunes-like application. It's for syncing music, pictures, videos, etc between your PC and the phone.

As for cloud storage, they are all pretty good. Most people use DropBox, but Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive (coming to Android soon) and SugarSync are all pretty good. I'm starting to use DropBox more now due to the 2 step verification (extra security).
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not to mention the 50GB free space with the S3 and Drop box that *some* of us get (Some US carriers excluded)