Explain this "Lag" that is talked about being fixed please.Support

Last Updated:

1. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new Fascinate, and coming from a WinMobile Pro 6.5 Imagio, this thing is fast as a ZR1 Vette, and smooth as glass while navigating the various screens and apps. My opinion, but I'm not sure what you all are talking about with the Lag-Fix.

Please explain what this lag is, maybe I have this lag and just have yet to identify it, or maybe I flat out do not have it? I have seen the posts about performing the lag fix and read where the folks say how much better it runs with the lag fix applied, but I have yet to see a dumbed down description of what the lag is or was. I'm not for doing fixes on something that does not exist, so I want to fully understand this before I make the choice to do this or skip it.

Thank you.

Larry

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I agree, my Fascinate has had no lag.

I did install the "lag fix," though, because it includes various tools I wanted to try out (they turned out to be irrelevant).

As it is, I tossed it yesterday when it came time to install Clockworkmod. ;)

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

In the dumbbest downed [if those are actually words:confused:] terms the lag referred to has to do with reading and writing speeds. In theory, with the lag fix, when accessing the filesystem it will be faster with the lag fix. YMMV.
    There is quite a bit of esoteric detail which we could go in as to how and why this is or isnt a good thing; but the above is about as simple as I think I can break it down to.

4. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

I'm with Larry on this one. Not to much lag on the phone IMO.

5. cdhixson

cdhixson Member

The only time I've noticed any lag is using the gReader RSS news feed app. It takes quite a while to mark all articles read on my Fascinate. On other phones the mark all function only takes a second or two. It's not really a big deal to me.

6. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

In general, I have very little lag.
    I have crazy lag when viewing a PDF file and flipping through file browser (In Astro when you have the thumbnails)